Portage Home Learning is for babies and young children with a disability or developmental delays. It is a pre nursery/ school early support service funded by Southwark Council.
The service offers:
• Weekly Home Learning sessions during which a Portage Practitioner looks at what the child can do and working with the parent/carer, plans fun activities that will take the child on to the next step of their development. The activities and supporting equipment are left at the home so the child can use them during the week;
• Telephone advice;
• Developmental Play sessions on every Wednesday afternoon in term time at Ann Bernadt Children's Centre (referral only).
Who is the service for?
Any child between 0-5 years of age, living in Southwark, who has either a disability or developmental delay in two or more areas and who is not attending a nursery or school.
How can I access this service?
• Parents can self-refer their child to our service;
• Referrals can be made via a CAF;
• Referrals can be made via a paediatrician, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physio Therapist or other professionals such as Social Workers or Health Visitors;
How is this service funded?
This service is commissioned by Southwark Council
Do you need to pay for this service?
The service is free to service users.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
The service is confidential and parents will be asked for permission for us to speak with other professionals.
Useful to know
Our practitioners spend a lot of the day out of the office working with parents and children. Please leave a message if you need support and someone will get back to you as soon as we can.