Citizens Advice Southwark will be providing the information and advice service for carers in the borough. The service will provide information and advice to all carers in Southwark, and will be available face-to-face, by telephone, and through digital channels including email and online. From help in filling in forms, through to advice on welfare benefits and community care, and referrals for a carers assessment, the service aims to ensure all advice needs are met.
Based within Citizens Advice Southwark, the service will also be able to provide help from the other advice services offered by the team, from debt and money advice, to help in saving money through getting a better deal on your energy bills, through to more complex legal issues such as immigration.
Who is the service for?
Anyone who cares for a child or adult and lives in the London Borough of Southwark
Criteria for access to service
Carer of a child or adult and living in the London Borough of Southwark
Accessibility of this service
Fully accessible premises for drop-in service, with specific needs (e.g. language requirements) arranged by appointment to ensure accessibility
How this is provided
Telephone, email, face-to-face and online
This is a FREE service
How can I access this service?
From 1 November 2015 you’ll be able to:
- call the team on 0300 330 1170 (Monday-Friday, 9.30am-4pm and until 7pm on Tuesdays)
- pop in to see them at the regular drop-in sessions in Bermondsey and Peckham (times below) or;
- send them an email to email@example.com
The drop-in sessions are all 10am-1pm and are available at:
- Peckham Bureau (97 Peckham High Street, SE15 5RS) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Bermondsey Bureau (8 Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at Sunshine House, 27 Peckham Road, SE5 8UH from 1pm-5pm
The service will also be available by appointment at other times, just give the team a ring or an email to book a time
How is this service funded?
Contract from London Borough of Southwark and Southwark CCG
Confidentiality and Impartiality
Citizens Advice Southwark is an independent charity with a strong confidentiality policy
Information on the full range of services provided by Citizens Advice Southwark can be found on their website at www.southwarkcabservice.org.uk