Family Lives Independent Support Service provides information and support to parents of children and young people with special education needs and disabilities who are being assessed for, or transferring to, an EHC plan.
Who is this service for?
Parents and young people with special educational needs or disabilities aged 0-25 who live in Southwark.
Criteria for access to service
Parents and young people must be applying for an assessment for an EHC plan or going through the transfer process from a statement or LDA to an EHC plan.
How is this service provided?
• A named contact within the Independent Support Service will provide support throughout the process
• Home visits
• Phone contact
• Information on Family Lives website.
How can I access this service?
Parents and young people aged 16+ self-refer to this service. Parents and young people can phone and speak to a member of the team or email us to find out more information.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
The service is confidential and you will be asked for permission for us to speak with professionals on your behalf. This service is at arms length to the council meaning that the advice we provide is completely impartial.
Family Lives services are completely confidential unless
• Someone's life is assessed to be at immediate risk, including the user or;
• A child is assessed to be at risk of significant harm, or;
• The user gives their permission in writing.
Useful to know
Calls are answered between 9:00-5:00pm Mondays to Fridays. Please tell us that you live in Southwark and would like an Independent Supporter.