Autism 'Next Steps' is a course for parents of children with a diagnosis of Autism under the age of 5. 'Next Steps' is delivered by the Early Years Autism Team in Southwark.
What could you achieve through 'Next Steps':
- Be empowered.
- Increase your knowledge of how to support your child in the very important days of early years development.
- Meet other parents.
- Be supported in the time between diagnosis and school placement
What will 'Next Steps' group sessions focus on?:
- Autism and sensory differences
- Social interaction and play
- Social communication- understanding and communicating with others
- Emotions and behaviour
- Independence skills
- Resources and support network
Who is the course for?
Parents of children under five who have had a diagnosis of autism
8 weeks. This includes seven 2 hour group sessions and 1 home visit.
When and where
Each Family is offered 2 places on the course so you can bring anyone who is important in your child's life to learn with you
For more information or alternative dates please contact the venue directly