Do you have a child on the autistic spectrum aged 5-18 years old?
Are you interested in attending a parenting support programme to gain a greater understanding of your child’s condition?
‘Cygnet’ is a six week course presented by professionals with expertise in the field of autism and is designed to:
- increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
- help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
- guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
- direct parents to relevant ASC resources
- give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other
The course runs for six weeks (one day per week) and each session lasts for 2.5 hours. Sessions topics include:
- What is Autism?
- Sensory Issues
- Understanding Behaviour
- Managing Behaviour
When and where
The course runs every term.
For further information or to find out next course dates, Please ring or email the SIAS (Southwark Information Advice and Support) Team on:
Telephone: 020 7525 3104
To attend, the only requirement is that you are a Southwark resident and a parent/carer of a child who is on the autistic spectrum