Positive Behaviour Workshops:
For people who work with or care for children or adults with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging.
The Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) is the only UK charity focussed on the needs of people with a severe learning disability whose behaviours challenge and those who support them. There are three strands to our work:
1. Information and support: Developing and sharing a range of accessible, practical information and resources to equip and empower families and professionals
2. Campaigning and influencing: ensuring that children and adults with severe learning disabilities who display behaviour described as challenging, engaged and represented in policy
3. Promoting best practice: the CBF is committed to actively sharing and promoting evidence-based best practice, including working with researchers and practitioners.
What is Positive Behaviour Support?
- Support led by values of choice, respect and inclusion for all people
- Understanding why people challenge and basing support around that understanding
- Improving quality of life (as a strategy and as a measure of success)
- Awareness and exploration of the many possible reasons for challenging behaviour
- Long-term commitment to supporting positive behaviour change
Staff, family carers and support workers who follow PBS aim to understand the purpose and reasons for an individual’s behaviour, then adapt the environment and a person’s support to suit them, rather than trying to change them or fit them into what’s there.
PBS eliminates punishment and aims to reduce or eliminate physical intervention by using positive proactive and reactive strategies. PBS reduces the likelihood of behaviours by altering triggers, developing skills & teaching alternative strategies.
- 16th November and 30th November in Lewisham
- 23rd November and 14th December in Waterloo
- 7th December and 11th January in Orpington
Workshops are held 10am - 2.30pm.
This is a 2 part workshop - you will need to attend both dates. Workshops are free.
There are a number of ways you can apply to attend and these include:
Phone: 0300 666 0126