Starting a new job can be nerve-wracking, its important you are prepared and ready to start your first day.
- Dress smartly and according to the environment you will be in, you want to feel confident when attending work. Ensure you are presentable including clothes are ironed; well groomed and personal hygiene is maintained.
- Plan your journey; make sure you allow enough time to work. It is advisable you arrive 15 minutes early, so you can calm any last minute nerves you might have.
- Provide all necessary right to work documents that are requested by your employer.
- Make an effort to get to know your team and don’t feel afraid to ask questions.
- Any concerns you have regarding finance including benefits you can call Southwark’s Rightfully Yours Benefit Advice Service on 020 7525 7434 or you can contact The Money Advice Service on 0300 500 5000.