Whether you are sure or not about what you want to do in life, it might be useful to read about different jobs and network with people in different professions. Or you might just want to try things for yourself.
A really good way to gain skills, experience and knowledge is to secure some Voluntary Work or Work Experience.
A good way to decide what you will like to do is by:
- Consider your interests including likes and dislikes
- Write down a plan and explore ideas
- The things you look for in a job such as benefits and development
- Think about a profession that interests and inspires you
- Be realistic and ensure you have the relevant skills and meet the entry requirements
Voluntary Work: any activity or service that involves working or spending time unpaid, doing something that benefits someone else and yourself. It could be your first steps to take before securing paid employment.
Work Experience: Short term arrangement with an employer to help you experience the world of work and develop skills, knowledge and confidence. Work Experience is generally unpaid but very useful to have on your CV.