If you are interested in training but are unsure about how to fund it, then the following information on grants and funding assistance may be useful:

Post-16 travel

Those aged 16-19 might be eligible for council funded travel assistance. For more information or if you require any advice about travel to your training provider, visit and search Post 16 Travel Policy and Application Form.

Disability Student Hotline

If you are a disabled person who is studying, or wishes to study or train at any level on full-time or part-time basis, you can contact the Disability Student Hotline for advice and support about your options. Phone 0800 328 5050 or email

The Snowdon Trust

Student in further/ higher education, or training and have a physical disablity or sensory impairment , you may be eligible for grants might to help cover additional costs that are not covered by statutory funding, such as specialist software, accommodation, equipment and more. For more information phone 01403 732 899 or email

Access to Work

An Access to Work grant helps pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition so you can:

  • start working
  • stay in work
  • start your own business

How much you get depends on your circumstances. The money doesn’t have to be paid back and will not affect your other benefits, it can be used to pay for things like:

  • adaptations to the equipment you use
  • special equipment
  • fares to work if you can’t use public transport
  • a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
  • a support service if you have a mental health condition and you’re absent from work or finding it difficult to work
  • disability awareness training for your colleagues
  • a communicator at a job interview
  • the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job

Information on how to apply for the grant can be found here: Access to Work Grant