Many colleges provide early entry admission for 14-16 year olds (Years 10 and 11). Sometimes these courses can be paid for by your secondary school and your child remains on the school role.
For some 14-16 year olds choosing to complete a vocational pathway and curriculum at college is sometimes the most effective way of learning. College providers deliver accredited programmes and offer young people a taste of what to expect when in employment.
A referral for this scheme will usually need to be done by your school, for more information regarding referral contact the college directly. Below are links to some of the colleges who provide this opportunity:
- Lewisham Southwark College
- Lambeth College
- Westminster Kingsway College
- West Thames College
- The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
- Ealing, Hammersmith & West London's College
- Tower Hamlets College
- College of North West London