The Ilderton Motorvehicle Project (IMP) is an approved Alternative Education Provider. It is a recognised Pan London provision with sites based in in Deptford, Southwark and Lambeth. Each site runs a slightly different and changing programme of activities (pdf, 125kb) so please contact head office, or individual centres directly for more details.
What we offer
The work of the Project centres on young people’s development using motor vehicles, such as cars and motorbikes, as tools for engaging them. IMP endeavours to create a viable environment that facilitates learning, leisure and empowerment for young people. The Project also endeavours to introduce its direct beneficiaries to a range of training activities and disciplines, using motor vehicles as instruments, with the view to empowering, enabling and encouraging them to fulfil their career ambitions.
At the Ilderton Project, we anticipate that learners who access our provisions will:
• Enjoy and achieve
• Gain accredited qualification
• Acquire transferable skills, particularly those that relate to tool handling and health and safety, as well as other social and personal developments aptitudes.
• Access facilities for organised and constructive leisure activities, encourage teamwork, self-esteem and motivation
• Understand the principles of road safety, including understanding the legal aspects and requirements of car or motorcycle ownership/usage
• Be challenged to take personal responsibilities for their actions
• Be empowered to make informed decisions
• Access appropriate support during the transition into further education/training or employment
Accordingly, it is expected that your young children will be enrolled on a basic motor maintenance and repair programme (either car or motorcycle option). The programme also has personal development elements.
Head office address: Unit 9a, Evelyn Court, Grinstead Road, SE8 5AD
Telephone: 020 8469 0396