*Please note that from Monday 5th November 2018 the Southwark Choices offices are moving addresses and will be located in Queen Road, Peckham*
The main focus is to work with young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) or at risk of becoming NEET. All NEET young people are allocated an education and training advisor.
The team work closely with social care and the youth offending service to ensure the most vulnerable young people are offered information, advice and guidance.
Formerly known as Participation, Education & Training
Who is the service for?
Young people aged 14-19 who have or are at risk of disengaging from learning, employment or training and helping NEET young people to engage.
How this is provided
- One to one interviews with young people who have been identified as disengaged. (14- 19 years)
- Support for those young people until re-engaged, including help completing applications and writing CVs.
- Careers support for disengaged learners at parents’/carers’ evenings and other events.
- Attendance at parents’/carers’ evenings and careers fairs
- Advisors in schools to deliver Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to those at risk of NEET
- Careers services to schools
- Targeted programmes to re-engage young people to keep them engaged.
- Referrals to suitable provision, with ongoing support.
Criteria for access to service
This is a universal service there are no criteria. We provide for all areas of need and levels of need.
How can I access this service?
Young people self refer to this service or are referred by schools/education placements
Young people can either attend drop in services or make an appointment.
Do you need to pay for this service?
It is a free service.
How is this service funded?
The service is funded by Southwark Council and is a part of the Council’s Children’s and Adults’ Department.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
The service is confidential and you will be asked for permission for us to speak with professionals on your behalf.
Useful to know
The team provide a drop in service Mondays and Thursdays from 10am to 4pm at the Southwark Council Building, 132 Queens Road, London SE15 2HP