Family Action ADHD Specialist Service
A project offering home visiting, telephone support and an 8-week “Managing ADHD Group” programme to support the families of children diagnosed with ADHD; children aged between 5 and 12. The project works by raising knowledge and awareness of the disorder, providing strategies for managing the symptoms associated with for those affected.
Who is the service for?
Families where a chid (aged 5 – 12) has been diagnosed with ADHD living in the borough of Southwark.
How this is provided:
- A post diagnosis home visit to discuss the ADHD diagnosis with the family to ensure the family have and understand all the necessary information available and to enable them to discuss any issues arising.
- Advice will be given regarding managing ADHD and the family will be signposted to available services in response to their needs. An invitation to attend the 8-week “Managing ADHD group” will be offered.
- A detailed information pack (provided on the home visit), offering further information about the diagnosis, some useful resources and explaining all the services available including Southwark specific services and online resources.
- A follow up Phone Call to review the home visit and answer any further questions they may have.
- Phone advice and support.
- An 8 week “Managing ADHD Group” for parents and carers, based on information from parents about what they want to learn and what difficulties they struggle with, aiming to help parents to create a home environment in which a child with ADHD can succeed.
How can I access this service?
Referrals come from any statutory or voluntary agency or self-referral.
It is a free service.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
The service is confidential and you will be asked for permission for us to speak with professionals on your behalf unless there is an immediate safeguarding concern.