Hemiplegia are a charity providing information, support and guidance to people with hemiplegia and their families in the UK.
What is hemiplegia?
Hemiplegia is a lifelong condition caused by injury to the brain. It affects movement on one side of the body to a varying degree and can also cause other less visible effects such as epilepsy, specific learning difficulties, anxiety or challenging behaviour. Hemiplegia affects one person in every 1000.
HemiHelp provides information and support to its members through a variety of different channels.
HemiHelp offer a range of services including:
- Events - activity days and conferences for children, parents and professionals, and fundraising events.
- Support services - Find out more about the HemiHelp helpline, home visiting service and message board.
- Magazine - Members of HemiHelp receive a quarterly magazine packed with news and features.
- Publications - HemiHelp produces a range of information sheets, booklets and books about all aspects of hemiplegia.
- Local Groups - HemiHelp coordinate regional groups across the UK, made up of parents, children, young people and adults with hemiplegia who meet for informal chats and fun days out.
- Awareness Week - HemiHelp's annual campaign to raise awareness of hemiplegia across the UK.
You can find out more about HemiHelp by visiting their website.