Autism: Next Steps
Autism 'Next Steps' is a course for parents of children with a diagnosis of Autism under the age of 5. 'Next Steps' is delivered by the Autism Support Team in Southwark.
What could you achieve through 'Next Steps':
- Be empowered.
- Increase your knowledge of how to support your child in the very important days of early years development.
- Meet other parents.
- Be supported in the time between diagnosis and school placement
What will 'Next Steps' group sessions focus on?:
- Autism and sensory differences
- Social interaction and play
- Social communication- understanding and communicating with others
- Emotions and behaviour
- Independence skills
- Resources and support network
Who is the course for?
Parents of children under five who have had a diagnosis of autism
8 weeks. This includes seven 2 hour group sessions and 1 home visit.
When and where
Confirmed by the Autism Support Team following booking
Each Family is offered 2 places on the course so you can bring anyone who is important in your child's life to learn with you