Evelina London offer a range of training courses for parents and any professionals working with children and young people in Lambeth and Southwark.
Training for parents
The courses for parents and carers include:
- how to support school aged children with speech, language and communication at home
- picture exchange communication system (PECS) awareness
- total communication training
- talking mats training
- LEGO® therapy training
- Makaton signing training
- autism spectrum disorder and related disorders support group.
Autism spectrum disorder workshops
There is also a range of workshops offering support and information for parents and carers of children with autism spectrum disorder:
- post-diagnosis workshops (PDF 221Kb)
- understanding autism spectrum disorder workshops (various topics) (PDF 226Kb)
Training for professionals
Training ourses for nursery staff, teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals. The courses include:
- identifying and supporting speech and language communication needs in EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3
- supporting children with autism spectrum disorder in EYFS and primary school
- how to run targeted groups in schools in order to develop speech, language and communication skills
- how to maximise learning through questions
- communications commitment follow up sessions (schools only)
- Elklan training (children's centre staff).