18 years and above
Employ Me is Mencap's specialist programme of support to help people with a learning disability get a job.
We have various different contracts that we deliver and some of them accommodate people with long term health conditions as well as learning disabilities.
For information on current programmes, please contact us at email@example.com
Mencap works alongside Southwark residents with learning difficulties and disabilities, by providing outreach engagement and information advice and guidance. Mencap also provide support around confidence building, interview skills, CV writing etc. The clients are also supported in travel training, attending interviews and work placements and once a job is secured successfully, progress is monitored for another 26 weeks and in work support provided if required.
Who is the service for?
- Southwark residents 18 years and older
- Criteria for access to service
- The basic eligibility criteria is any unemployed Southwark resident who wants to work and is 18 years and older having learning disability or difficulty. Some basic examples include anyone with MLD (Mild learning disability), Autism, Asperger’s, dyslexia, dyspraxia etc.
Accessibility of this service
- Service is accessible Monday – Friday.
- Office is based at Royal Mencap Society, 123 Golden Lane, London, EC1Y ORT.
- Office has accessibility for wheelchair users and meeting rooms are available for appointments.
How can I access this service?
Referral form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How is this service funded?
The Southwark Works programme is funded by Southwark Council. Other programmes are funded by various other bodies including the DWP and the European Social Fund.
Do you need to pay for this service?
Confidentiality and Impartiality
Impartial information, advice and guidance is provided to all referrals and the results of any initial screening and assessments done are confidential and not shared by any third parties, unless mutually agreed by the service user.
Please fill the attached referral form and send to email@example.com or send an email with your query and someone will contact you.
For any other information about the services Mencap provides, please contact Mencap Direct line on 0808 808 1111.
Workshops on Interview techniques, Confidence building etc take place on regular basis.
Drop in service
No drop in service provided