Complaints and Compliments

Compliments and Complaints about Southwark Council 

We are constantly trying to meet our service users needs in the most effective way. In order for us to achieve this it is very important we hear the views and comments from those using the services. This could be anything from things you think we need to adjust or change, to things you think we have got right and services you want to compliment.
Here you can find where to send us your comments and compliments.

Compliments and Comments about the Local Offer:
TEL: 020 7525 3104 or 0207 525 5211

General Compliments and Comments about Southwark Council:
TEL: 020 7525 0042

Compliments and Comments about Children and Adults Social Services:
TEL: 020 7525 3977

HealthWatch Southwark

HealthWatch is an independent champion for patient and public voice in improving health and social care. They are there to make sure your views on local health and social care services are heard. Their aim is to bring people together to influence and improve services, through you sharing your experiences with them. They have places on various care boards and groups where they raise issues important to you.

Southwark Council do not investigate NHS complaints. HealthWatch Southwark can provide information and support on how to make a complaint, please see below their advice below;
Do you have a complaint about your NHS treatment or care?

Depending on which service (e.g. GP, or Hospital Trusts) you are complaining about, there are generally two steps:
• A local resolution (trying to sort out the complaint directly with the Service )
• External resolution (escalating the complaint or going outside of the Service Provider)

Primary Care Services

To complain about Primary Care Services (GPs, Dentists, Opticians and Pharmacists) you should contact the Service provider directly to address your concern informally or formally.
If you choose not to you can contact;

NHS England
Tel:0300 311 22 33

To complain about NHS providers (Hospitals Trusts, Community Services) you can raise this with the person/service involved or their manager or the Hospital Trust’s PALs service, where they will try to address your concern informally or formally.
You can also raise complaints with:

NHS England or NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group via:
Commissioning Support Complaints Team
TEL: 0800 456 1517.
If you are not satisfied, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman.

Commissioned Services

All commissioned services have their own complaints policy. Advice on how to make a complaint about a charity or other providers can be found at: and

You can also use Southwark’s complaints process for commissioned services, it would usually be expected that you had contacted the service first before the complaints team, however this is not mandatory.