Cystic Fibrosis service KCH
We have a Regional Paediatric service and have strong links and transition to the King’s adult CF service
- A specialist tertiary paediatric cystic fibrosis service primarily to children and young people who live in South East London, Kent and East Sussex
- Transition to adult CF services
- Management of all of the complications of CF other than lung transplantation
Who is the service for?
Children and young people living in the region (as above) with cystic fibrosis diagnosis
Criteria for access to service
Diagnosis of CF
Accessibility of this service
For children living in Southwark all of their care will be delivered at Kings
We are based on the 3rd floor of The Hambleden Wing, Denmark hill, SE5 9RS. This is fully accessible
How this is provided:
We are a team of clinical specialists in cystic fibrosis
How can I access this service?
For routine and emergency referrals contact the Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Co-ordinator on 020 3299 3562
How is this service funded?
Do you need to pay for this service?
Useful to know
The service is involved in a number of multi-centre research studies including:
- Early detection of lung disease in infants diagnosed by newborn screening
- Assessing the impact and safety of home intravenous antibiotic treatment for children with CF
- Assessing a new measure of liver fibrosis in children with CF to identify liver disease earlier