Citizens Advice Southwark
Service for Carers - Citizens Advice Southwark
Citizens Advice Southwark provides a free information and advice service for carers in Southwark. The Service can assist with a range of issues including filling in forms, welfare benefits and community care advice and referrals for a carers assessment. The carers advisers aim to ensure all advice needs are met.
Based within Citizens Advice Southwark offices, the service will also be able to provide help from the other advice services offered by the team, from debt and money advice, through to more complex legal issues such as immigration.
Who is the service for?
Anyone who cares for a child or adult and lives in the London Borough of Southwark
Criteria for access to service
Carer of a child or adult and living in the London Borough of Southwark
How can I access this service?
- call the team on 0300 330 1170 (Monday-Friday, 9.30am-4pm and until 7pm on Tuesdays)
- complete the online referral form: http://www.citizensadvicesouthwark.org.uk/projects-and-services/carers-advice/carers-enquiry-form/
- pop in to see them at the regular drop-in sessions in Bermondsey and Peckham (times below)
The drop-in sessions take place between 10am-1pm and are available at:
- Peckham Bureau (97 Peckham High Street, SE15 5RS) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Bermondsey Bureau (8 Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ) on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Walworth Bureau (6-8 Westmoreland Road, Walworth, SE17 2AY) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at Sunshine House, 27 Peckham Road, SE5 8UH between 9.30am-12pm
How is this service funded?
Contract from London Borough of Southwark and Southwark CCG.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
Citizens Advice Southwark is an independent charity with a strong confidentiality policy.