Sickle Cell & Young Stroke Survivors
Our service provide advice support and support to parents of children and young people aged 0-25 living with sickle cell anaemia and childhood stroke. We provide recreational activities including trips and Educational outings, Educational tutorial support, Enrichment workshops for children and young people with sickle cell and their young carers.
Who is the service for?
Parents/Carers, children and Young People living with sickle cell and their young carers.
Criteria for access to service
Accessibility of this service
Support is based on an individual basis after a Home/Hospital visit assessment.
How this is provided:
- Drop in service on the last Friday of every month from 5pm to 7pm at our office – 7th Floor Hannibal House, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6TE, Ring 0207 277 2777 for a time slot
- Phone advice 5 days per week – 08000 842 809
- Access to advice and support via Local Offer (from September) and PPS Website
- Specialist casework support
How can I access this service?
Parents/Carer and young people self refer to this service. Parents and Young People can either attend our drop in services – no appointment necessary, call and speak to a member of the team or email us.
- We accept referrals from professionals.
Do you need to pay for this service?
This service funded by a variety of funders, especially Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity and Novartis Pharmaceuticals
It is a free service.
Confidentiality and Impartiality
The service is confidential and you will be asked for permission for us to speak with professionals on your behalf. This service is at arms length to the council meaning that the advice we provide is completely impartial.
Useful to know
The team spend a lot of the day out of the office working with parents and young people.
Please leave a message if you need support and someone will get back to you as soon as we can.
Phone: 0207 277 2777
Drop in: 07900 282 534
The team provide training for Parents and Young People which can be accessed through the ‘Local Training Offer’:
• Sickle cell – ‘Know the Basics’
• Various Training for children with Long Term Conditions
• Various Children’s workshops