Top Tips: Application Form
This page will provide you with information, advice and support with hints and tips on how to complete a competent job application form.
Many employers will request a copy of your CV and also an application form. It is vital to follow to application form instructions, present the information clearly and neat, but most importantly promoting your skills, knowledge and experience.
It is advisable to always complete a draft application form first, so you will be able to read through your answers and ensure you have met the person specification.
Hints & Tips:
- Read the application form guidelines some instructions may include, writing in capitals, a word limit to your responses, 5 or 10 year employment history and many others.
- Keep in mind closing date, and timeline for planned assessments and interview.
- Ensure you read the job description and person specification to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
- Complete draft application forms read through your answers and ensure you have done yourself justice in your responses to each question.
- Ask someone else to proof read your application form.
- Keep a copy of your application form for your reference.
- Signpost to local Southwark employment agencies.